Thursday, July 5, 2012

Work Table Extensions

One of the biggest problems building a yacht singlehanded is that often the scale of the work is too great for one man. Fortunately I have a very good friend, Theo, who has helped me in the past on jobs such as laying up the keelson which required large amounts of epoxy being mixed and used before it went off. However it is not always possible to have him around as he has his own family as well.
So when it came to having to rip a very large plank into smaller sections I needed to be able to do this on my own. This neccessitated having to make extension tables for the table saw, which I will also be able to use on the router table and the work table.



1 comment:

  1. Andrew,

    Snap for a very similar reason I too have made a long work bench in the garage, its in two halves and hinged off the side wall and about 5 mtrs long. it was supposed to fold flat when not in use but I have now added the Ryobi radial arm saw to it, so its here to stay!

    Regards

    Roy

    ReplyDelete